Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s Fleet Operations team is where the rubber meets the road in public road testing of autonomous vehicles. From daily software release evaluations, to demonstrations, to mapping, and on to specialized vehicle test requests only able to be performed on public roads. We do this as the business needs require, where and when is most strategic to realizing our mission: building self-driving technology you can trust.
The Argo Vehicle Operations team is seeking someone to join our team as a Data Analyst. At the heart of it, this role will be responsible for developing and managing information to support decision making. You will also create, manage and improve existing reporting systems and perform complex analyses. You will have regular interaction with senior leaders and provide consulting and analytic services to leadership in addition to providing technical support and mentoring and training to less senior analysts as the role grows.
What you’ll do:
- Gather data, structure problems, and perform analyses. Research technical and business issues
- Work cross-functionally to analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, and drive insights. Act as part of the ongoing team to translate recommendations into results
- Present data-driven recommendations and optimize our current go-to-market strategy
- Track and report key performance metrics regarding fleet utilization and output, with detailed analysis of how each is supporting Argo’s mission
- Build analytics dashboards using mostly off-the-shelf tools
- Using dashboards, create regular reports that will be presented and reviewed by the data services team
- Help analyze and understand gaps in reporting
- Document process and playbooks for analysis
- Create 'source of truth' tables and dashboards that the company (and our team) can use to identify, diagnose and address issues
- Understand input data and data roadmaps from other teams across the company to ensure that the top-level funnels are well defined and understood
- Build scalable analytical frameworks; partner with engineering teams to drive instrumentation of new metrics, if/where we determine this is needed
- Develop tooling and improve processes to increase data efficiency and accuracy
- Work with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, various data teams to deploy data quality across critical pipelines and to set up processes to triage data issues
- Effectively and proactively communicate insights, contribute to team presentations and leadership reviews, and drive projects to completion to hit team goals
- Create and drive data quality standards and frameworks to ensure inclusion into pipeline engineering efforts
- Assist with new product experimentation including plan creation, roll-out, and monitoring
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree with some focus or concentration in statistic, data analysis, data science
- 5 years of experience in analytics or a closely related field
- High proficiency with business intelligence tools and SQL
- Experience working with Data Warehouses like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Strong understanding of statistics and experience with business intelligence and data analysis
- Ability to manage and prioritize conflicting objectives
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Occasional travel to remote offices and test facilities
- Established strong analysis and presentation skills including advanced use of Excel or G Sheets and Powerpoint or G Slides
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Capable of operating successfully in unstructured and highly dynamic environments
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.