Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Autonomy Production is responsible for the development and management of Argo’s simulation dataset, triaging and reporting on changes in the Autonomous Vehicles software, and the execution of Remote Fleet Services. Specifically we are looking to expand our 1st shift team for Remote Fleet Services. As a Support Associate you will be responsible for executing on supporting the fleet by being an expert in Remote Guidance, Remote Technical Support, and Mission Control. These services are vital to keeping our fleet of autonomous vehicles up and running. This position is exclusively for the 1st shift (7am-3pm M-F) and requires operations to be conducted in person from our Mission Control Center.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with team members to learn the self driving system (autonomous system functionality, subsystem behavior, error messages, etc.)
- Help troubleshoot technical issues on our AV platform remotely
- Identify issues in autonomous data by using engineering tools to analyze logged sensory input (lidar, radar, etc.)
- Document the issue by logging its context and observable cause
- Work in an operational but fast-paced environment emphasizing your attention to detail
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability and willingness to work the 1st shift 7am-3pm Monday-Friday
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related science field
- Strong attention to detail with repetitive tasks
- Strong communication skills to work with other team members
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Interest and desire to work in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Valid US driver's license
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a software/IT or engineering environment
- Experience applying statistical methods to data analysis and report development
- Experience working in an 911 call center
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.