Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s Fleet Operations team is where the rubber meets the road in public road testing of autonomous vehicles. From daily software release evaluations, to demonstrations, to mapping, and on to specialized vehicle test requests only able to be performed on public roads. We do this as the business needs require, where and when is most strategic to realizing our mission: building self-driving technology you can trust.
We are looking for a dynamic Program Manager to support Fleet Operations’ cross-functional initiatives. You will be responsible for setting up project plans with a focus on cross-functional efforts, as well as for driving execution. Your unique mix of leadership, communication, and technical skills will help you to set the right priorities, identify and close gaps in planning and execution, and to challenge operations and engineering teams in a constructive manner.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with operations and engineering leadership to identify and track initiatives with the greatest impact to Fleet Operations
- Apply the appropriate level of project/program management structure and communication to those initiatives
- Define projects, collect requirements, develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the projects across the entire lifecycle by regularly interfacing with highly-technical team leads, program managers, and other key contributors across the organization
- Increase visibility and strengthen communication across the teams
- Identify roadblocks and organize key stakeholders to drive to resolution
- Present status reports on regular cadence to members of the leadership team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Technical degree in any field of study
- 5 years of experience in a related field required
- Acumen to apply the right type of structure to any initiative
- Strong problem solving abilities – ability to organize information, make connections, and formulate solutions quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and still deliver excellent results
- Ability to manage and prioritize conflicting objectives
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years experience in complex technical project management in a systems development or systems integration atmosphere
- Hands-on experience and strong background with multiple project/software management processes and tools
- Process improvement and change management expertise
- Experience integrating technology in an operations environment
- Experience with robotics or safety critical systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.