Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Our team enables machine learning at Argo by automating labeling pipelines and providing sources of high-quality information for training models. Data-hungry machine learning algorithms traditionally require large-scale human labeling operations. The Labeling Algorithms team reduces this burden by leveraging algorithms to expand labelers’ capabilities. Moreover, the team takes advantage of Argo’s large quantities of unlabeled data to improve the quality of both labeled data and trained models. Our work draws on several areas, including classical computer vision, machine learning, and data engineering.
We are seeking hands-on candidates who have a mix of computer vision, machine learning, object tracking, and sensor fusion expertise. We are looking for practitioners who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in software and strong in applied machine learning algorithms. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving or robotics applications.
What you’ll do:
- Create novel ways to prepare labeled data using machine learning, computer vision, object tracking, and/or sensor fusion.
- Develop approaches to active learning and weakly supervised training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing approaches and build metrics that guide decision making
- Act as a force multiplier across teams: use your experience to provide a voice of reason and knowledge, and identify opportunities for improvements that scale the engineering team further
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that meaningfully improve our overall machine learning ecosystem
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or Python
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of detection algorithms, machine learning, computer vision, classification, scene understanding, and object tracking
- Familiarity with Tensorflow, PyTorch or other similar deep net or machine learning packages
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D. with machine learning focus, or equivalent experience
- Experience with temporal computer vision models
- Experience with sensor fusion, particular between images and lidar
- Hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Experience building labeling frameworks and/or labeling tools
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.