Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers the algorithms used to automate Argo’s labeling pipelines. Labeled data enables our machine learning teams to develop new capabilities for our autonomous vehicle platform, and it is essential that we can quickly scale these pipelines to support large volumes of data. While labeling is traditionally performed manually, our team automates elements of the pipeline to expand the capabilities of our labeling team. Our work draws on several areas, including classical computer vision, machine learning, and data engineering.
We’re looking for a talented Senior-level engineer to join us. The ideal candidate should have experience building pipelines for processing data at scale. You should be comfortable working with domain experts in machine learning and computer vision to create novel ways to prepare labeled data.
What you’ll do:
- Automate our labeling pipelines by developing and deploying algorithms. Work with subject matter experts to develop state of the art approaches for creating labeled data. Iterate with labeling teams to find opportunities for automation and productionize them.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing approaches and build metrics that guide decision making.
- Act as a force multiplier across teams: use your experience to provide a voice of reason and knowledge, and identify opportunities for improvements that scale the engineering team further.
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that meaningfully improve our overall labeling system.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Strong software engineering skills in Python.
- Experience writing and delivering production-quality code that is well tested.
- Belief in rigorous, reliable, high-quality engineering that produces tangible results quickly.
- Familiarity with machine learning and common metrics used to evaluate machine learning models
Nice to haves:
- Knowledgeable in machine learning, computer vision, or object tracking.
- Experience creating dashboards to display metrics, particularly within looker.
- Familiar with Airflow and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS (particularly S3) and/or GCP.
- Software engineering experience in C++.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.