Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Staff Software Engineer role will design and implement real-time software for localization and mapping of autonomous vehicles, as well as collect and analyze performance metrics using a combination of online and offline tools.
What you’ll do:
- Implement Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms which enable Argo AI's self-driving cars to localize based on visual sensor inputs;
- Parallelize SLAM algorithms using GPU to improve their performance and efficiency on Argo AI's real-time autonomous vehicle system;
- Profile and optimize different workloads in the pipeline to meet the computing and memory budget;
- Create offline tools for data analysis to provide insights on code maintenance and algorithm improvements;
- Identify issues in the system, ensure parity between different implementations, and develop repeatability tests; and
- Utilize cross-team collaboration to facilitate the integration of Argo AI's internal software infrastructures and libraries.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with five (5) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with seven (7) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience must have included:
- At least five (5) years of experience in coding with C++, AND some applied experience with the following skills:
- Modern C++ coding standards;
- All areas of geometric computer vision that are applicable to autonomous driving;
- Visual SLAM applicable to autonomous vehicles;
- Visual inertial odometry;
- GPU programming and CPU acceleration; and
- Software engineering practices, including source control, testing, code review, and design patterns.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.