Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Senior Software Engineer will design, implement and enhance software for cloud-based products and services
used in autonomous vehicle development as part of the Map Engineering Workflow Services team. This role will apply
acquired knowledge of algorithms, software design, and the software development life cycle in order to successfully
and repeatedly deliver new products, services, and features required by internal and external customers, business
partners, and leadership teams.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and enhance products and services that support multiple internal initiatives;
- Create and modify unit tests for all new and modified components, create and/or modify integration tests for all
- Leverage experience with both front-end and back-end technologies to creativity to solve complex problems;
- Maintain and improve cloud infrastructure, CI/CD processes, and contribute to other DevOps initiatives in support of
the products and services produced by the team;
- Assist with project planning, provide estimates of level of effort for all assigned tasks;
- Contribute to team architecture, design, and coding standards;
- Assist with code reviews for both team products & services as well as products & services created by other teams;
- Assist other internal teams with high-impact deliverables, including integration-centric projects to the teams products
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics, or a related field of study, together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation. Will also
accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics, or a related field of study together with four (4) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience must have included:
- At least 18 months of experience with full-stack software engineering, including software architecture and design;
- Java and/or other JVM-based languages;
- SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL or Apache Cassandra; and
- Working with AWS (Amazon Web Service) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.