Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Senior Software Engineer will design and develop systems-level autonomous vehicle software for the Motion
Planning & Controls Team, including analysis of the system’s high-level decision making and development of real time
optimization problem solvers.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop software tools using Python, SQL and C++ that generate objective, log-based analysis for
evaluation of the Motion Planning & Controls software stack and its individual components, with evaluation modalities
that include simulation, re-simulation and on-vehicle testing
- Document and share metrics with the organization using data visualization for wider visibility and adoption
- Set priorities, goals, and direction for the Metrics team in alignment with the broader team vision
- Work with platform teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning & Controls needs
- Perform code reviews on production code across the metrics subsystem
- Review metrics system and integration designs, and avoid pitfalls before they happen
- Triage problems, listening to ideas and incorporating them into the broader picture
- Manage and improve software pipelines to gather metrics on an ongoing basis
- Actively participate in hiring decisions for the team and mentor junior developers
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics or a related field of study, together with two (2) years of experience in a related occupation. Will also accept
a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with four (4) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- At least two (2) years of experience in software engineering with the Python programming language;
- C++ programming;
- SQL programming;
- Data visualization;
- Validation of simulation performance against physical test performance; and
- Using a quantitative and data driven approach to improving system performance of real platforms and complex
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.