Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Calibration and sensor integrity are core technical problems for L4 self-driving vehicles and a critical component for making autonomous vehicles safe. Our team is responsible for the software and algorithms for calibrating Argo’s fleet at scale, online monitoring, and reporting on the integrity of perception sensors. The team works on offboard software for high quality calibration of lidars, cameras, IMUs and radars within a limited space and time budget. In addition, our team solves problems unique to L4 self-driving including onboard calibration validation and detection of reduced sensor performance such as sensor degradation, obstructions (such as dirt and water), and estimation of external conditions such as fog. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on different sensor modalities and apply computer vision, point cloud processing, and machine learning tools. Your work will have significant cross-functional impact across Perception, Hardware and Operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop software systems to advance the calibration process of cameras, lidars, radars, and IMUs
- You will develop on-board and off-board software to monitor and report the integrity of perception sensors
- Your work will also include tuning and optimizing our calibration and sensor integrity pipelines
- You will take the solutions from concept to not only test track or simulation, but real-world fleet on public roads
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid C++ programming and software engineering practices
- Solid mathematical understanding including linear algebra, optimization, and statistics
- Solid knowledge of geometric computer vision, stereo vision, or point cloud processing
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working with large and scalable systems
- Experience in building machine learning systems
- Solid Python or GPU programming experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.