Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Prediction team is responsible for designing and building systems that allow an autonomous vehicle to understand the current scene around it and to predict how it will evolve in the future. The Prediction team analyzes the output generated by the perception teams and anticipates the likely intents and future trajectories of nearby objects so our vehicle can make safe and comfortable driving decisions.
As a software engineer on the Prediction team, you will play an integral part in improving the vehicle’s ability to understand the behaviors and intentions of other actors and determining how and where they might move in the future. Many of our team are strong in machine learning and statistics, but others have backgrounds in robotics or are very strong in C++ or Python. We often tell our applicants “we are looking for people strong in robotics, machine learning or statistics, or C++/Python; choose two or be exceptional in one.”
The Prediction team is distributed across Munich, Pittsburgh, and Palo Alto and all groups work very closely with each other. We are open to remote work under the right circumstances and have a number of team members who currently work remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement core algorithms or ML models for predicting the future behavior of other traffic participants in real time
- Build a safe system that copes with noisy and uncertain inputs
- Evaluate and verify the system's performance on real-world and simulated data
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Collaborate across different teams to jointly achieve objectives that improve system performance
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Physics, Robotics, or a related field
- One or more of:
- Strong background developing with C++ and Python including good software design skills
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to prediction, such as statistics, Bayesian inference or probabilistic models, machine learning for classification and regression, time series forecasting, or reinforcement learning
- Experience with deploying robotics platforms or machine learning models in the real world
- Willingness to dive into anything, but know when to ask for cross team collaboration
- Good communication skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.