Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Compliance team supports the operations of the company by ensuring that all functions are complying with applicable laws and regulations. As part of the Compliance team, you will provide support to the Office of the General Counsel. The Argo Compliance team’s goal is to deliver value to business by focusing on speed of delivery, pragmatic application of law and building relationships within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Support compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (national and international / EU laws) by aligning legal and compliance activities with the various teams you support
- Provide practical and business-oriented legal advice on a broad range of compliance issues and serve as a subject matter expert in this area
- Draft, revise and update various contracts and other legal documents (e.g. policies, procedures, handbooks)
- Review and optimize our internal policies to support compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Monitor and inform the Compliance Team, as well as management, of new relevant legal developments
- Drive implementation of policies and organize them as well as provide regular training sessions for employees
- Manage and supervise work of external law firms
What you'll need to succeed:
- University degree in (business) law or a degree with relevant legal focus (e.g. commercial law)
- 2+ years of relevant practical experience
- Ideally you will have expertise in one of the following areas: compliance, audit, risk management, regulatory or governance and controls-related roles or other legal related fields
- Knowledge of compliance programs, processes, controls, and procedures
- Excellent writing and communication skills in German and English
- Experience providing pragmatic advice to other teams and management
- Self-directed with a high level of integrity that inspires trust and confidence
- Ability to build positive relationships and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize a dynamic and varied workload
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.