Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Operational Support team serves as the single point of contact between the autonomous vehicle (AV) and the open road. Ultimately, the Operational Support team exists to provide timely yet efficient assistance to support a multitude of different scenarios. Doing so ensures a trouble-free operation for our customers while maintaining safety as the top priority at all times.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all those in the workplace
- Supervise a team of Operational Support Associates with key focus on team effectiveness and individual performance
- Apply your foundational understanding of the entire Autonomous Vehicle System to properly document and train new procedures from conception to completion
- You will be responsible for the continual evolution of the Argo Operational Support knowledge base by identifying lapses in documented coverage, developing the associated scripted workflows for consistent and efficient execution, and maintaining an up-to-date library of content
- You will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing the various aspects of the operational support system
- Continually learn about the underlying technology of our systems and products and use that information to effectively lead a team of operational support
- Serve as an operational support tooling expert that stays up-to-date on new release software by utilizing and pressure testing this tooling on a daily basis
- Contribute to a strong culture of documentation, keeping department metrics up to date, visible, and accurate
- Add continuous value to the team by displaying fundamental leadership abilities and a strong problem solving mentality
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study, or equivalent industry experience
- Varied skill set in an operational environment managing teams of individuals, tooling, and document libraries of standardized procedures
- Ability to serve as the working leader of a team, providing appropriate supervision while still contributing on an individual level
- Ability to think clearly, analyze through a quantitative approach, and solve problems
- Familiarity in diagnostics or troubleshooting of vehicles or complex equipment
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Exceptional organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire people with various backgrounds
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in a technical field of study
- Experience supervising a team of individuals responsible for technical support or operational daily needs
- Experience in resource planning and/or task prioritization
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Weekly GrubHub allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.