Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI Systems Engineers work on our onboard autonomy suite, the integration with the vehicle, or the cloud based systems.They define and study multiple alternative architectures, perform trade studies, flow down requirements, establish design verification methods, and make data-based recommendations. They work cross-functionally and team up with Argo Teams (Hardware, Software, Safety, Verification & Validation, Product, and more) and OEM teams.
They master rigorous yet efficient systems engineering practices. They have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders and communicate findings in order to drive key decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Work with function owners to plan, coordinate and maintain requirement quality, traceability and delivery to our OEM customer
- Coordinate required requirement updates in our requirements tool (JAMA) and ensure process updates are followed by the team
- Work with our requirements manager to implement requirement process improvements
- Work with IT to enable automated requirement import/export issues between Argo and our OEM partner (using ReqIF)
- Create a requirements release plan for each vehicle generation that accounts for internal Argo and OEM milestones
- Identify blockers, ensure requirements / V&V coverage and drive internal SW implementation
- Perform regular quality checks for releases to OEM and internal customers
- Develop and track requirements progress and metrics (i.e. approval status, coverage, etc)
- Lead ingest of OEM requirements into the Argo requirements tool, on schedule and coordinate requirements classifications w/ receiving teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in requirements quality, processes and tools (3+ years minimum experience)
- Previous experience with requirements management tools (e.g. Doors, Polarion, Jama (preferred))
- Expertise in architecture design and specifications for high performance robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, automotive or large-scale computing and data systems
- Strong systems engineering and associated standards knowledge (Incose, ISO 26262, ISO 15288, ARP 4754, DO-178)
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
- Expertise with formal systems engineering analysis methods( i.e. FMEAs)
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years experience in requirements quality, processes and tools
- Previous experience leading requirements engineering
- Previous experience in systems engineering
- Previous experience in Embedded Software, or as a system software engineer
- Previous experience with Autosar
- Previous experience with automotive diagnostics
- Previous experience in network architecture
- Applied experience in ISO-26262
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.