Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall development of safety-critical software and firmware in our self-driving system’s embedded domains. As the Technical Lead responsible for the end-to-end vision processing pipelines, you will work cross-functionally to ensure consistent and reliable performance of critical hardware and software processes in our self-driving system. You will collaborate closely with multiple hardware and software teams to gather requirements, create detailed designs, and ensure consistent, high-performance vision processing. We’re looking for someone who has passion and experience in architecting embedded systems for processing high-bandwidth sensor data.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership for the definition and development of state-of-the-art embedded systems for vision processing
- Become the “go to” technical resource for multiple camera pipeline development projects
- Create end-to-end architectures to meet the safety, security, and performance requirements of our self-driving system
- Hands-on development of firmware and software to aid integration and testing activities
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong programming skills in at least one language (C, C++)
- High-speed data processing experience from protocol (MIPI, PCIe) to application layers
- A deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including support of full system engineering life cycles
- Experience developing software for heterogeneous computing architectures (MCUs, SoCs, and/or FPGAs)
- Knowledge and breadth to stretch across multiple engineering disciplines to create practical solutions to complex problems
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of sensor processing techniques, especially those needed for camera-based systems
- Experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, or related safety-critical system design best practices
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.