Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable, and accessible for all. Fleet Operations’ essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Fleet Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
As a member of the Fleet Training Team you’ll play a hands-on role in preparing our staff to safely operate our vehicles. You’ll provide theoretical and in-vehicle training with our German based group and also work closely with Trainers from across our operational cities worldwide.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for planning, scheduling and executing the driver training program for Argo’s autonomous vehicle test specialists
- Learn about the underlying technology of our vehicles and programs and use that information to effectively train new test specialists before they are operating the autonomous vehicles on public roads
- You will be the in-vehicle systems expert that stays up-to-date on new release software by getting in the car for autonomous mileage accumulation
- Subject Matter Expert throughout all phases of training regarding public roads and closed course testing
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all those in the workplace
- Assist in building material for new training certification and existing continuing education training modules
- Conduct safety-driver responsibilities for development testing in closed-course and public road environments
- Contribute to a strong culture of documentation, keeping department metrics up to date, visible and accurate combined with a “get things done” attitude
- You will work in an high performant, diverse and “get things done” team, with a strong cultural mindset of trust and accountability
What you'll need to succeed:
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire people with various backgrounds
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Ability to lead training and continuing education sessions
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Proven experience to lead large groups by continuous education training modules across operations
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead large training modules/programs
- Holding driver licence B in Germany for 5+ years
- Ability to meet and sustain Argo’s driving requirements, which Argo evaluates at the hiring stage. This pre-employment screening consists of a medical check, psychological check, Central driving register check (Flensburg) as well as Drug & Alcohol test.
Nice to haves:
- Driving instructor background
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.