Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Autonomy Production is responsible for the development and management of Argo’s simulation dataset as well as triaging and reporting on changes in the AVs software. The team provides developers with trends and reports that greatly influence the development of the Self Driving System. As The Triage Engineering Manager you will lead a team of engineers that dives deep into the autonomy system to provide detailed feedback on how our autonomy and platform teams can improve our self driving system.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Engineers in root causing both hardware and software problems on rapidly evolving systems
- Improve and control company wide issue resolution process
- Lead the team in large and small scale improvements to the triage engineering process
- Provide guidance and requirements for new tooling
- Plan and manage routine operational tasks, work packages toward quarterly goals and other company objectives as required
- Prepare and present analysis and reports to the executive team
- Interface and report relevant software issues to the specific teams as necessary
- Interface with external suppliers and customers to communicate issues
- Report status to leads and upper management on a regular basis
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 8+ years experience in an Engineering or other related field
- 4+ years technical team management.
- 5+ years experience in reliability engineering or a highly-integrated field
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing and/or testing SW for autonomous systems
- Experience in reliability engineering
- Experience managing engineers in remote locations
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.