Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Motion Planning teams bring all the components of the autonomy stack together. Motion Planning takes inputs from perception, prediction, and mapping and plans how to safely yet comfortably navigate complex urban driving scenarios. Of course, this is a computationally demanding task, and we need to do it quickly. One of our goals as a team is to make our motion planning code fast, clean, and maintainable. That’s where you come in: we need great software engineers who can work with our expert roboticists to write high quality, efficient code.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our motion planning experts to improve the efficiency of algorithms, data structures, and designs
- Profile motion planning software using tools such as perf, vTune, and Argo’s in-house suite of profiling tools to find hotspots and guide optimization efforts
- Develop performant algorithms and data structures in C++
- Extensively test your algorithms, through unit testing, simulation testing in the cloud, log playback and resim, and on vehicle testing
- Analyze metrics from fleet testing to prioritize next steps
- Develop new tooling for developers to analyze the performance of their code
- Be an evangelist for efficient, clean code
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience writing, debugging, and optimizing performant software in C++ running on desktop or server processors
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience working on large software projects, requiring the use of version control and collaboration tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Nice to haves:
- Experience with robotics and motion planning
- Familiarity with Python, particularly for data analysis
- Experience with C++ build systems, such as bazel or CMake
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.