Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Office of the General Counsel includes the Legal, Compliance, Government Relations, Safety Assurance and Audit functions. The Argo Office of the General Counsel delivers value to the business by supporting its lawful and ethical operations as it strives to reach ambitious goals.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development and evolution of Argo’s risk based audit methodology, this will include the formalized documentation of the methodology into standardized best practices, policies, and systems for the Internal Audit function
- Collaborate cross-functionally to evaluate processes or programs that are strategically or financially important with a focus on requirements, topics and risks following standards, laws and policies of Germany, the European Union (EU), or other applicable local legislation
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a framework for developing a risk-based audit plan which aligns the priorities and agenda of the Internal Audit function with the strategic and compliance goals of the organization
- Implement the audit plan through the planning and execution of assigned Internal Audit engagements in accordance with the organization's audit methodology
- Support the growth of the audit team and the development of internal and external talent on assigned projects
- Make recommendations for risk mitigation and audit strategies based on accurate identification of risks
- Work closely with process owners to ensure corrective action plans are in place and to remedy any gaps identified with internal controls
What you'll need to succeed:
- High degree of integrity
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Five or more years of experience in auditing
- Relevant credentials such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Professional Practices Framework (IIA IPPF), German GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), US GAAP, US Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements, German statutory requirements, and COSO internal control framework
- Fluent in verbal and written German and English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills that help facilitate interactions with business partners
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Public accounting experience
- Internal audit experience for a public company
- Experience using a GRC, data analytics system, or other industry tool
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.