Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
To make self-driving possible, Autonomous Vehicles (AV) require a prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. We make it possible by building a 360-degree view of the world and driving conditions. We have taken the gigantic task of converting the whole world into a 3D map consumable by AV. This team makes it possible by creating tools and services used by the entire organization to interact with map data.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the creation of our primary tool used to interact with 2D and 3D map data, plans for map creation, status of rollouts, and issue tracking
- Leverage web based languages and frameworks such as TypeScript, React, and three.js to create streamlined interactive tooling
- Work with other internal teams to help to continuously improve and refine this high profile internal product
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience working in a production code base
- 5+ years of hands on software development
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Design and implementation of scalable web applications
Nice to haves:
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.