Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Computer Hardware team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance, and fail safe computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our diverse multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo, our OEM partners, and our supply base. As a OEM Compute Module Systems Engineer you will ensure the computer hardware meets the requirements set forth by Argo AI and its partners.
What you’ll do:
- Own the creation and maintenance of OEM specific requirements for the compute modules
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of OEM agnostic requirements for the compute modules
- Support debug of compute modules during hardware and vehicle builds
- Participate in compute hardware design and documentation reviews
- Lead and coordinate hardware module design discussions with OEM partners
- Participate in creation and review of the design verification plan and report
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- Experience in writing and/or reviewing module level requirements
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle of application specific hardware designs
- Experience in the validation and verification of electrical hardware systems
- Proficiency with electrical debug and test equipment; including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, JTAG tools, etc
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading and driving design development including schematic capture, PCB layout, SI/PI analysis, and assembly
- Experience with processor architecture and digital circuit design
- Experience in working with OEM and Tier 1 partners
- Experience designing to automotive or military standards
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.