Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Hardware Design and Integration Engineers at Argo AI will be responsible for research, design, development, test qualification, and deployment of automotive robotics hardware for the Argo AI products. The team is responsible for leading the packaging of autonomous vehicle hardware onto vehicle platforms. The team’s core responsibilities include component positioning, structural integration, cooling systems, cleaning systems, and more. The team’s work starts with detailed analysis and requirement definition, progresses through core design engineering, and concludes with a strong emphasis on validation and verification.
What you’ll do:
- Define technical priorities, contribute to and lead execution of fast paced product development programs.
- Manage a team of engineers to bring out the best performance from highly skilled team members on complex and challenging cross-disciplinary projects.
- Interface with external partners on design, implementation and bring-up of autonomous vehicle hardware modules on the self-driving platforms
- Lead cross-functional work to establish hardware integration requirements and designs
- Ensure proper simulation and analysis is used to inform component and system design
- Develop and execute verification and validation methods for new systems
- Design components and systems for vehicle integration and early testing
- Perform testing and data collections to validate concepts and systems
- Analyze test results to characterize system performance
- Develop risk assessments for new subsystems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize conflicting objectives across the team and beyond
- Proficiency in the engineering process including developing design requirements and conducting trade studies
- Accomplished mechanical component design engineer
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods including but not limited to: machining, welding, injection moulding, sheet metal fabrication, 3D Printing, etc
- Experience in conducting verification / validation testing and debugging design failures
- Experience with 3D design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, or other CAD tools
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills with a diverse team are essential
- Project and team management experience
Nice to haves:
- FEA and/or CFD experience in simulation tools such as ANSYS, SolidWorks simulation, or similar CAE tools
- Experience scaling products from low to high volume manufacturing methods
- Software Development experience. Python preferred.
- 10+ years engineering experience
- 3+ years management experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.