Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s cloud based software teams deliver the infrastructure, platforms, and services that enable the development and operation of our self-driving vehicles. This includes teams developing the software platforms that drive Machine Learning, Mapping, Data Management, and Fleet / Remote Operations to name just a few. Rich, intuitive web based user interfaces to these systems are critical to their effective use by Autonomy and Operations teams, who rely on them every day. Such interfaces play a crucial role in the ongoing development and improvement of our self-driving system.
We are hiring outstanding Full Stack Frontend Software Developers across multiple teams at Argo. We are looking for people who want to apply their passion for web development to the engineering problem of our generation, self-driving cars. This is a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to many parts of our company supporting our goal of building safe and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage web based languages and frameworks such as TypeScript, React, and three.js to create rich and intuitive interactive tooling
- Work cross functionally with Autonomy and Operations teams to deliver novel application approaches to visualize, annotate and manipulate 2D and 3D data coming from multi-modal sensors
- Participate in the development process from planning, estimation all the way to implementation, optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Interface with customers to provide technical insights and troubleshoot issues
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for next generation solutions
- Guide junior engineers in designing and building beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications/tooling
- Design, implement, and enhance products and services that support multiple initiatives to speed the development of the Argo AI autonomy software stack
- Interact with the UX-team and various stakeholders in coming up with a solution
- Leverage your experience and creativity to solve complex problems in an agile-centric environment
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code
- Contribute to the creation of our primary tool used to interact with 2D and 3D map data, plans for map creation, status of rollouts, and issue tracking
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experienced in modern front end web application software development
- Experience building server side software in Python, Java, Kotlin, or Golang
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, gRPC interfaces (HTTP/2)
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Experience working in a production code base
- Experience designing and implementing scalable and performant web applications
Nice to haves:
- Experience applying UX concepts to web application development
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with GraphQL APIs
- Experience with backend technologies: AWS SQS, AWS Lambda
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.