Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo, we have autonomy teams highly focused on developing software which allows our cars to safely navigate city streets. In addition to testing this software on car, we do extensive simulation and testing in the cloud. This simulation and testing runs the gamut from analyzing algorithmic performance (is the algorithm generating the expected output), runtime performance (is the implementation running fast enough), and cloud performance (are we scaling and using cloud resources efficiently). Argo has an immediate opening for an engineer with strong software skills to work with autonomy teams to ensure they are able to fully exercise and measure the software stack.
What you’ll do:
- Interact cross functionally between the on-car autonomy teams and the cloud-based resimulation teams
- Work with autonomy teams to understand on-car processing and develop metrics and methods to characterize both algorithmic and runtime performance (via both online and offline methods)
- Collaborate with resimulation teams to ensure existing valuable logs can be easily and efficiently resimulated in the cloud, focused on the specific areas the autonomy teams are most concerned with
- Daily work involves a mix of C++, performance/scalability analysis, Python scripting to automate analysis, and employing visualization tools
- You’ll be exposed to a large number of specialized teams, helping to provide commonality where possible
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in C++17
- Experience with using Python scripting to automate execution and analyze data
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with running large workflows on a cloud platform and analyzing scalability and cost
- CPU and memory performance analysis of real time C++ applications
- Experience with containerized deployment such as Kubernetes
- Data science background, including using tools similar to Looker to query and visualize metrics
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.