Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Field Service Technicians are the most knowledgeable personnel within the service department, often supporting and assisting engineers to solve complex problems. Field Service Technicians are tasked with diagnosing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when local Service Technicians need a systems expert’s assistance to diagnose and repair the autonomous vehicles. Field Service Technicians spend the majority of their time diagnosing unusual, “first ever” problems often utilizing onsite Service Technicians as eyes, ears and hands.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure Argo AI Service Departments are supported in resolving vehicle technical assistance requests, including identification of the root cause by:
- Understanding Argo’s self driving system
- Understanding of OEM’s platform
- Mastery of advanced diagnostics through logical and linear troubleshooting processes
- Communicating root cause analysis, and related recommendations to Service Operations management and Argo’s engineering groups
- Consult and inform Argo AI Service Operations management about vehicle repair process capability that supports high quality vehicle repair results
- Monitoring service repair process improvement recommendations with affected service departments and follow-up as required
- Report recommendations, repair actions and results
- Assisting engineering, leadership and the triage teams with vehicle diagnosis or final repair solutions
- Providing critical feedback on new and existing product quality
- Ensure service department technicians fully understand the relationship between maintaining sufficient service equipment and increased customer satisfaction, repair work throughput and efficiency by:
- Providing guidance on required tools and equipment
- Implementing and monitoring processes that support proper diagnosis and repair
- Utilizing department technical performance reporting to proactively identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Support the review and vetting of Service Operation’s instructional documentation
- Ensure that individual lead technicians are fully aware of their individual performance on key metrics, which affect fixed operations performance
- Ensure technicians understand training requirements to improve repair capability, including the technical competence
- Communicate product issues to management and responsible groups for countermeasure development
- Prepare drafts for Technical Service Bulletins and provide technical assistance to other departments in their creation
What you'll need to succeed:
- OEM industry experience as Field Service Engineer or Master Technician
- Has been in the automotive service industry for more than 12 years
- Demonstrate complete mastery of advanced diagnostic skills and problem solving techniques
- Passion for new technology and continuing education
- Extensive automotive technical background
- May have college degree
- Possess understanding and effective skill set in spreadsheet creation and implementation
- Service department procedural expert who communicates and assists in operational documentation
- Able to travel overnight on a weekly basis
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.