Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team solves problems related to the geometric aspects of computer perception. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road - everything from reading and understanding the research literature to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle. Understanding a large unstructured world in real-time is essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here at Argo.
We’re looking for an expert in sensor fusion to lead a small team of talented engineers developing state-of-the-art multi-sensor vision systems for our autonomous vehicle platform. The ideal candidate has domain-relevant experience either as an engineer or a researcher and is comfortable bringing computer vision products from research to product.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver state-of-the-art multi-sensor vision systems. Balance many complex constraints and a fundamentally ambiguous problem space to invent and productize critical-path solutions in fields like object detection and scene segmentation
- Work closely with upstream and downstream counterparts, maintain a healthy organization with happy and successful individual contributors, set the vision for your team, and manage day-to-day execution, while continuing to make significant technical contributions
- Your work will be essential to fielding some of the first autonomous vehicles in the world. You will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and work closely with a broader perception team - participating in literature reviews and taking algorithms from concept through to test tracks, simulation, and finally to public roads
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Significant experience with development of camera and depth-based (any of LiDAR, time-of-flight, stereo, etc) vision systems
- Experience managing and leading a small team of highly-technical contributors, including mentorship, direction-setting, performance evaluation, etc
- Significant experience with one or more of sensor fusion, depth estimation, camera calibration, segmentation, nonlinear optimization, or related
- Strong technical contributor in C++ or Python, ideally both
Nice to haves:
- Knowledgeable about the underlying hardware and behavior of vision sensors, such as cameras or LiDAR systems
- Experience with machine learning for computer vision
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.