Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Visualization team is responsible for the applications and frameworks that visualize large amounts of engineering data (camera, lidar, radar etc). Our products are deployed in the vehicle to deliver a great passenger experience, to vehicle operations to support remote operations and our frameworks are used by engineers across the company to increase productivity during the development process.
Experience shipping end user products, customer focus, a passion for great user experiences and experience with OpenGL are highly desired.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain embedded passenger displays necessary to deliver a great passenger experience
- Deliver remote operations tools that will be used to support the operational fleet
- Further develop our visualization frameworks, rendering engine and associated applications that can be leveraged by other teams to support their visualization needs during the development process as well as for inspecting and authoring data
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Visualization team and other teams that use the Visualization platform
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Familiarity with developing on Unix-like systems such as MacOS or Linux
- Experience with modern design architectural patterns for user interfaces is required
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- OpenGL experience is strongly desired — although experience with any real time rendering API is helpful
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a modern, cross-platform GUI toolkit such as Qt, GTK, wxWidgets
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.