Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
Argo is building technology of the future and our high-performing IT team designs, builds, and maintains the infrastructure enabling this development. We are seeking someone who will ensure a quality, comprehensive and accurate library of Argo IT knowledge. This includes creating IT self-help documentation, internal knowledge base, and training modules.
This contract has an expected duration of 6 months.
What you’ll do:
- Use your ability to simplify complex issues and technical writing skills to create new and update existing IT documentation
- Design and maintain internal customer-facing IT content and documentation - this content could vary in audience from non-technical business team members to highly technical software engineers
- Meet deadlines for content tasks
- Communicate with IT leads and other stakeholders when product additions or changes are being developed or acquired that require documentation
- When needed, assist in the ticket queue to help the overall IT Operations support team
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of experience in documentation and writing for a support audience
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Proficiency with technical writing – grammar, spelling, syntax, style
- Broad understanding of APIs and front-end web development a plus
- Understanding of information architecture — you consider user experience when creating content
- Excellence at breaking down complex information into easily understood concepts
- Ability to absorb highly technical information and make it accessible to everyone
- An instinct for recognizing when knowledge is missing and a passion for closing the gaps
- Resourcefulness: you'll figure out what needs to be done, and you find ways to make it happen
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.