Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Platform team is responsible for designing and implementing the embedded software platform that enables the development of safety critical applications in a distributed embedded system architecture. The embedded software platform includes the real time operating system, device driver, middleware for network and other I/O, HW/SW-based safety and security mechanisms, etc.
Engineers in the Embedded Onboard Infrastructure team will be based in Munich, Germany, Pittsburgh, PA and Detroit, MI.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, test and maintain state-of-the-art safety-related PIL and HIL development test benches
- Implement and execute integration tests on system level including test on CAN and Ethernet
- Implement and execute integration tests on CPU and PCB level for CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, DIO, ADC, etc using tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-analyzer, CANoe, CANape, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Min. Bachelor degree in computer science, automation, robotics, or similar
- 5+ years experience in designing, implementing and maintaining safety-related PIL and HIL development test benches
- 5+ years experience in testing safety-related embedded real-time software for microcontrollers
- 5+ years experience in using and scripting tools like CANoe and CANape on CAN and Ethernet
- 5+ years experience in developing python and linux shell scripts
- Proven experience in device driver development for real time operating systems or bare metal software development using C and C++ is a plus
- Proven experience in C++14 embedded development is a plus
- Proven experience in Autosar based software development is a plus
- English language spoken and written fluently
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix)
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices)
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.