Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, the Overwatch team is building the next-generation of cloud and AV software that monitors, manages, and maintains every autonomous vehicle across multiple metros in the US and Germany. More specifically, we are responsible for:
- Transportation as a Service (TaaS) APIs for partner engagements
- Mission Control for all autonomous vehicles
- Remote Operations including remote-guidance and remote-troubleshooting for autonomous vehicles
- Service Infrastructure - common services providing a great foundation for all cloud services across the entire company
- Ride-hailing mobile apps - in iOS and Android - showcasing our core product end-to-end
We believe in a few good developers building a solid, high-quality product.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain, build and deliver Remote Guidance and Remote Trouble-shooting capabilities that will be used to support the operational fleet
- Develop the C++ data collection and command execution components to support Remote Operations on the autonomous vehicle
- Develop the C++ communication components that work with the backend
- Enhance the robustness and resiliency of both existing and forthcoming components
- Collaborate with backend service developers, both on the Remote Operations team and within the wider Offboard cloud development org
- Work closely with vehicle operations and autonomy integrations teams on developing, releasing and improving Remote Operations capabilities
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-team critical programs
- Interact with cross-geographical teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Deep expertise in modern C++
- Solid understanding in networking and distributed systems
- Experience in systems programming and the POSIX operating system interface
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.