Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
The cyber security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate IP and employee data. As a Senior Cyber Security Architect, you will be the hands-on technical lead securing our cloud environments. Your job is to have a deep understanding of the cloud infrastructure and the operations depending on it - including our software engineering, hardware engineering, fleet operations, and administrative functions - so that you are able to design, implement, measure, and continuously improve its security.
What you’ll do:
- Review the current state architecture looking for design flaws and advocate for stronger security controls that meet functional and operational needs
- Work hand-in-hand with the Cloud Platform team to research, design and develop security solutions, technical and reference architectures, and supporting security strategies tailored to Argo’s business needs
- Evaluate risks and threats and design appropriate controls to address them
- Review planned infrastructure updates to ensure security is considered appropriately
- Review and design the automation and orchestration aspects of cloud security processes
- Ensure inclusion of security standards and alignment with technical and reference architectures
- Provide inputs into dashboards and report metrics on the status of Argo’s cyber security posture
- Provide mentoring, and skill set knowledge transfer to team members and engineering staff
What you'll need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands on experience in Python, Go, or Java to create production level services that incorporate CI/CD
- Experience in using infrastructure as code to automate the creation of cloud resources. E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, or others
- Strong experience with architecting/deploying scalable security services and workloads in the cloud (AWS, GCP) and/or cloud native environments
- Strong experience with securing distributed applications and compute workloads running on CPUs, GPUs, and/or TPUs
- Understand engineering design limitations and provide guidance for teams to secure their deployments in the cloud so that they can achieve desired performance within budget
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- Ability to lead and mentor technical teams
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.