Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data from our real-world test fleet driving on city streets and recording everything the car does into vehicle logs. These logs are critical to building a self-driving vehicle, whether the data is being used for training purposes or to validate the safety of Argo's latest self-driving system.
The Log Applications team builds the tools that enable Argo teams to manage and process vehicle logs at PB scale. We own understanding the events in the data and driving workflows for the training, simulation and evaluation of the self driving system at scale. The team sits between the processed vehicle logs from the car and the AV teams AI models.
As a full-stack (or Backend or Frontend) engineer for the Log Apps team, you’ll help design and build, intuitive and efficient user interfaces for our web applications, BE APIs & tooling to create the experience Argo engineers rely on to understand, evaluate and train against PBs of real-world data.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and enhance products and services that support multiple initiatives to speed the development of the Argo AI autonomy software stack
- Build tooling for triage, vehicle log data analysis and exploration to support all of the Triage Operations
- Participate in the development process from planning, estimation all the way to implementation, optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Automate infrastructure to test, validate, and graduate product releases using Jenkins, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for next generation solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Argo AI is a global company and requires flexibility to work in collaboration with the teams in the US & EU
- Experience building scalable backend applications mostly in Java/Kotlin/Golang/Python
- Experience with React, Angular, Vue or similar frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity with Typescript, Dart, Flow, or a desire to use type safety is a plus
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience deploying/managing infrastructure in public cloud environments such as AWS or GCP is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.