Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Real Estate is responsible for locating, acquiring, designing, building and securing Argo’s physical environment throughout the world. We look at this responsibility as a business within the company; we consider every Argo employee our “customer”; and we seek to understand our customers’ core needs deeply, as we craft solutions that balance employee satisfaction, scalability, and financial responsibility. The Real Estate org is responsible for three functional pillars: real estate strategy, real estate transactions and real estate project delivery. The rather small team of highly dedicated real estate professionals manages the global real estate portfolio of Argo by managing various internal stakeholders as well as external partners and vendors based out of Munich and Pittsburgh. Team is responsible for the delivery of fully functioning workspaces in the right time at the right place and on the agreed budget by managing the process from identification of business needs to the project closeout. As part of the general finance department the special focus of the team is on appropriate budget forecasting and budget control.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee multiple commercial capital fitout projects in various locations within the assigned region
- Support the Real Estate Director in the management of lease negotiations with various landlords as well as management of multiple internal as external stakeholder groups in the process
- Develop and manage capital fit out project budgets, support the RE Director in annual CAPEX forecasting and ensure efficient budget tracking throughout project delivery
- Support real estate site selection process from engagement of brokers to development of side by side comparisons, building comparison cost models, cash flow analysis, overseeing site due diligence, etc.
- Support the RE Director, legal and finance teams in preparation, editing, tracking the changes in redline legal contracts for lease/purchase
- Ensure successful project delivery within approved budget and schedule meeting multiple internal business unit objectives
- Manage project reporting at all levels communicating project status, risks, risk mitigation strategies and budget status
- Manage the external vendor selection and performance management process for consultants, contractors or other vendors such as architects, project managers, general contractors, etc.
- Support the development of project delivery process internal to Argo
- Partner effectively with peers within Facility Operations, Security, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal and People
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in delivery of capital fitout projects, management of real estate transactions in a corporate environment
- Bachelor degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field preferred (degree/certification in corporate real estate preferred)
- Should be personally familiar with multiple technology platforms used in real estate (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, etc.)
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with al levels of internal and external stakeholder groups
- Experience in permitting, land use, zoning, lease negotiations and project management
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills; ability to lead group meetings, project teams, etc.
- Ability to travel in an outside the country
- Due to belonging in a global team - ability to handle occasional out of hours alignment meeting
Nice to haves:
- Corporate Real Estate Program certifications
- Relevant professional experience managing regional real estate portfolio
- Previous experience in real estate management in auto industry, industrial and logistics sector
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.