Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) - Platform Test team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our systems, V&V, software, and hardware teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs as part of the release of Argo’s commercial product.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage a diverse team of engineers, potentially across multiple locations
- Design, implement, and execute tests for multiple sensing modalities including cameras, lidar, and radar
- Collaborate with OEM partners to align on environmental testing plans and execution strategies
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Create test plans, perform data analysis, build test result packages, and provide justification for requirements verification to senior management
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience developing and analyzing subsystem and system level test plans
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
Nice to haves:
- Prefer experience working with a variety of sensors in hardware and/or software
- Prefer software language skills including C, C++, and Python; Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Autonomy or robotics testing experience is preferred but not required
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.