Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Public Policy and Government Relations (PPGR) Team reports to Argo’s General Counsel. PPGR coordinates with relevant internal teams to develop strategic policy priorities and execute advocacy strategies in furtherance of them. Our team also advises -- in collaboration with other colleagues in the Office of General Counsel -- the company on policy implications to current and future anticipated Argo operations. In general, PPGR serves as Argo’s liaison to policymakers at all levels of government. We are a tight-knit, dynamic team that focuses on creative thinking and strategic execution. Further, we value a commitment to cross-functional collaboration across our company to ensure we deliver results that support Argo as a whole. PPGR has subteams focused on international and state and local affairs; we’re looking for someone to serve as our on-the-ground liaison to the European Institutions in Brussels and manage our engagement with them.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll manage Argo’s engagement with all applicable institutions of the European Union (Parliament, Commission, Council) and be expected to maintain strong relationships with them
- You’ll report to the European Affairs Lead and work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., including, but not limited to, the Legal, Compliance, and Communications teams) at Argo to understand and develop Argo’s strategic policy and engagement priorities, as well as lead in their execution
- You’ll work closely with your colleagues on Argo’s U.S. State and Local Affairs and U.S. Federal Affairs Teams to ensure alignment on messaging and strategy
- You’ll identify opportunities to engage with third-party organizations where EU affairs are concerned and help shape our company’s engagement strategy
- You’ll represent Argo in external policymaker settings and also serve as the main source of truth for EU policy and political matters internally
- You will work with outside consultants to deliver against Argo’s policy priorities and goals on the EU level
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with EU Institutions or similar length responsible for EU affairs at a private company or trade association
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes in EU Institutions, as well as the ability to engage effectively in both to deliver on company strategic policy priorities
- Strong understanding of the policy issues important to Argo and the broader self-driving industry, including technology, telecommunications, transportation, labor, sustainability and others
- Ability to think creatively, act strategically, and deliver quick results on multiple projects
- Strong network of EU policymaker contacts and the ability to grow and maintain those relationships over time
- Strong preference for and ability to perform cross-functional work
- Strong ability to represent Argo individually, as well as to develop consensus and lead participation in trade associations and leverage/manage consultants
- Comfortable working and being managed remotely
- Fluency in English and German or French
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience with EU policymaking bodies (e.g., the European Parliament or European Commission) relevant to Argo strategic policy priorities
- Direct knowledge of European laws and regulations pertaining to self-driving vehicles and systems (type approval, traffic laws, liability laws, etc.)
- Prior experience in either the transportation or technology industry
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.