Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s Technical Writing team creates and maintains developer-facing and operational documentation across the organization. Each Argo writer supports several technical teams, identifying documentation needs and implementing a plan to create effective documentation. The Technical Writing team also develops and refines departmental processes, our style guide, and documentation tools.
We’re looking for a technical writer who can work directly with our safety team and top autonomous vehicle software engineers to deliver technical documentation for both internal engineering teams and contract operations teams. We want a skilled communicator who can organize, create, update, and maintain large quantities of content, while working with the other writers to develop a corporate-wide information architecture that makes our documentation more accessible. You need to be an experienced writer with a desire to shape the documentation culture of an organization.
What you’ll do:
- Build productive working relationships with systems and safety teams and engineering teams
- Analyze information gaps, develop a plan to address those gaps, then implement it
- Work with multiple stakeholders to create comprehensive documentation
- Bring order to chaos
- Work directly with systems and safety engineering teams to develop documentation for complex processes and regulatory assessments
- Edit and maintain large quantities of internal wiki content for your teams
- Develop, implement, and maintain documentation management procedures
- Organize cross-functional content on a variety of platforms and tools, most notably Google docs, Arena, Jama, and Confluence
What you'll need to succeed:
- BS in technical communication, computer science, or related field, or have equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience writing technical documentation
- Strong track record of creating and maintaining documentation for highly regulated industries
- Comfortable working with SMEs, and have no problem asking questions and defining deliverables
- Solid understanding of software systems and safety engineering concepts and principles and experience developing documentation for those topics
- You’re a whiz at developing a cohesive information architecture and applying it to new and existing content to improve connections and findability
- Strong communicator and problem-solver, particularly when working with engineering teams in new problem spaces
- Anticipate problems before they arise and determine innovative solutions
- Team player when it comes to style consistency across an organization
- Thrive at startups and other fast-paced environments. You’re comfortable with shifting priorities and goals
- You know autonomy isn’t just for self-driving vehicles because you are most productive in an unstructured, self-motivated environment
Nice to haves:
- A working knowledge of Jama and Arena
- Experience with technical documentation for regulatory or compliance purposes
- Experience developing and evaluating user interfaces
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.