Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world. We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of vision, attention to details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two.
The Systems & Software quality team at Argo AI is responsible for working with the broader Systems, Software and V&V organizations to define and drive quality related processes. The team develops processes, work products and leads audits in all areas of Systems and Software quality.
The lead of this team will be responsible for setting the vision and direction of the team, defining the execution roadmap, driving the team’s execution towards established objectives, and actively managing communication internally and externally. Successful candidates will be experts in the development of practical autonomous systems, modern systems and software engineering practices. They will be able to apply this expertise across the entire product development organization. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators, actively showing ownership in working through issues towards successful delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Set the roadmap for Argo’s Systems & Software quality team to align the teams strategic vision
- Plan and drive all Systems & Software quality activities across the organization (process development/audit, plans, SW requirements, methods, architecture, metrics, SW tools, implementation tracking etc)
- Establish best practices for the Systems & Software quality team and link into the engineering organization as a whole
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key cross-cutting engineering decisions
- Work with OEM partners to develop Systems & Software quality related deliverables
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record of leading teams in developing Systems & SW quality initiatives
- Ability to attract talent and build teams
- Ability to easily communicate design considerations and decision points both at an engineering level and to C-level executives
- Ability to dive into the details and deliver high quality content
- Strong systems engineering process and systems quality fundamentals(Incose, SEBok or similar process models)
- Strong software engineering process and software quality fundamentals(ASPICE, CMMI or similar process models)
- Experience developing high-performance or safety-critical systems, including the specification of software components
- Experienced developing software for functional safety standards(ISO-26262, IEC-61508 or similar)
Nice to haves:
- Automotive architecture experience (CAN, Power, Ethernet, etc)
- Automotive process experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.