Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
As part of the Legal Team, you will provide support to the Office of the General Counsel, with a particular focus on the Office of the Corporate Secretary. Argo Legal Team’s goal is to deliver value to our business by focusing on the pragmatic application of law and building relationships with our clients across the company while quickly to the needs of our business.
The Office of the Corporate Secretary team within Legal seeks to deliver value to the organization by providing prompt, precise and strategic support to the company on corporate governance matters to protect the company and facilitate growth.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Office of the Corporate Secretary: Support Argo’s Office of the Corporate Secretary, including assisting with Board and committee meeting preparation and all related activities.
- Prepare and Review of Company Filings: Draft, review, counsel on, and submit filings prepared by the Office of the Corporate Secretary. Draft, review, counsel on, and submit business licenses.
- Advise on Investor Relations Communications: Work closely with the Investor Relations team regarding communications including press releases, investor presentations, management presentations, and other disclosures.
- Support Corporate Development Activities: Assist with corporate development activities and transactions as necessary.
- Advise on Equity Administration: Work closely with Argo’s Finance Team on equity administration and equity matters.
- Support Subsidiary Governance: Maintain inter-company agreements and advise on corporate structure matters, including participation in the formation and unwinding of corporate entities and subsidiary management matters.
- Provide Legal Analysis: Assist in the analysis of legal, regulatory, and policy developments, rules and reporting requirements, affecting the company, with an emphasis on corporate governance and SEC regulations.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Juris Doctor degree
- Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or in the State of Michigan, or ability to become admitted in such jurisdictions within six months of hire
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the above-referenced competencies
- Law firm or in-house experience relating to Corporate Secretarial functions, corporate registration activity, SEC regulations, and commercial transactions.
- Demonstrated expertise in drafting and editing legal documents with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Collaborative team player across all levels and functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel to all Argo offices
- Proficient in GSuite and Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a dynamic environment
- Experience strengthening corporate governance functions for fast-paced growth companies
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.