Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo’s Safety team is looking for a Product Safety Compliance lead. This role is crucial to establishing and maintaining Argo’s internal functional safety compliance efforts, as well as to emerging global regulatory autonomous vehicle (AV) requirements.
The position will report directly to the Director of Safety Policy and Assurance and will work closely with our product development and systems engineering teams. This person will lead a small team and advise internal stakeholders and leadership to help ensure compliance with various industry safety standards. In addition, this position will work closely with Argo’s internal controls and audit functions. This individual requires strong leadership and communication skills, as well as automotive safety compliance knowledge and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small independent team and work closely with Argo’s software, hardware and systems teams to ensure that autonomous systems and processes comply with ISO-26262 (functional safety) and ISO-21448 (SOTIF) standards, as well as other industry standards and emerging regulatory safety requirements
- Work with engineering teams to ensure robust compliance demonstration plans, reviews, and reporting:
- Provide internal ISO-26262 and ISO-21448 compliance expertise and reviews
- Ensure consistency with AVSC best practices and emerging regulatory requirements
- Monitor key industry safety standard setting initiatives under development
- Lead ongoing internal compliance reviews and efforts in support of Argo’s systems safety case
- As necessary, provide training on various aspects of safety standards, including functional safety and SOTIF
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5-10 years automotive industry experience, preferably OEM, Tier 1 supplier, or independent assessor, is required
- Experience and expertise managing compliance to automotive industry standards:
- In depth knowledge of ISO-26262 functional safety standards is required
- Additional familiarity with other AV industry standard setting efforts, such as ISO 21448, SAE/AVSC, and/or Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, is preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related technical field is required
- Strong experience reviewing and documenting product compliance to functional safety and other automotive safety standards
- Systems engineering fundamentals, especially how it relates to hardware, software and system-level design
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse global team
- Ability to lead a motivated team
- Product safety related experience in ADAS technologies or autonomous vehicles is desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.