Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
High quality labeled datasets are critical to the successful development of Machine Learning algorithms that drive our autonomous vehicle’s Perception system. The Labeling Tools team delivers the web based software that human labelers use to create these datasets. The team owns tooling used to label 2D and 3D frame and sequence data from our many sensors including Cameras, LiDAR, and Radar, among others. We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to lead the Labeling Tools team. Success in this role will require significant experience leading teams in the delivery of full stack web applications that interact with 2D and 3D data. This is a high profile position that will afford many opportunities to interact with and learn about self-driving Perception systems and other parts of the Autonomy stack.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Labeling Tools team, which comprises full stack web app developers working primarily in React, TypeScript, and WebGL
- Collaborate with customers in Perception, Operations and other Labeling Engineering teams to define current and future needs for Data Labeling Tooling
- Leverage your deep technical expertise to drive robust and extensible software architectures for Labeling Tools
- Drive delivery of critical initiatives, leading the work of others but also contributing to the development of the Labeling Tools directly where needed
- Attract, hire, and develop the best software engineers available
- Become the organizational expert / go to person for Labeling at Argo, and be recognized as a domain expert
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 10+ years of total experience with 5+ years managing full stack web application developers in a business critical domain
- Experience leading Software Engineering teams responsible for full stack development, preferably with significant exposure to React, TypeScript, WebGL, Python, Java and cloud services (AWS or GCP)
- Strong team player that can collaborate and communicate effectively within and between teams at all levels of the organization, up to and including the President & CEO of the company
- Outstanding track record of delivering outsized value to clients and managing customer / leadership expectations
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable software systems
- Prior experience working as a lead or senior level software engineer
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skill
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.