Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, simulation based testing is a core part of daily life and runs at a massive scale. We in the Virtual Test Tools (VTT) team own this overall capability and are responsible for its design, implementation, and stability. We pride ourselves with providing best-in-class tooling and infrastructure to Systems Engineers, Autonomy Developers and Test and Verification Specialists. We collaborate with this diverse set of stakeholders, and play a central role in shaping Argo’s validation concept. Our products test the autonomy stack by enabling the replay and re-simulation of fleet logs, the injection of faults, the quick creation of scenarios, and the efficient running of simulations that are equipped with multi-fidelity models.
Within VTT, the Runtime Task Orchestration team is responsible for creating a software infrastructure that allows fine grained control over the definition of each system under test (SUT), for instantiating that SUT at runtime and for the APIs that enable fault injection and response evaluation. We work in very close partnership with the middleware and embedded teams to define the boundary and interfaces between on-vehicle and in-cloud runtimes.
The Software Manager within the VTT RTO contributes significantly to the code base, while simultaneously leading a small team of highly motivated, talented and senior engineers. The TLM owns the definition of our task orchestration architecture and the boundary between the on-board and off-board worlds.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with key technical stakeholders around the organization to evolve and refine the virtual test runtime architecture
- Contribute significantly to our C++ code base, taking personal ownership of the implementation of significant parts of the system
- Measure and maintain quality control over the code you implement, while also keeping a check on the stability and test coverage of your team’s code
- Manage a small team of developers and participate in performance review cycles and related processes
- Periodically join the other leads in the group to produce a coherent technical roadmap for all of Virtual Test Tooling
- Own the daily and weekly prioritization decision making for the team’s backlog and scope
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 10 years software development experience with a significant amount of that time spent writing modern C++ code
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role, e.g. complex technical project management or engineering line management
- Hands-on experience and strong background with modern project/software management processes and tools, e.g., agile, scrum, devops, Jira
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly and articulate them clearly
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Background in one of the core disciplines associated with Self Driving Vehicles:
- Sensors Calibration
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Motion Planning
- Control Systems
- Simulation and Testing
- Development of Real-Time Systems
- Automotive Experience or Safety Critical Systems
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.