Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers solutions to camera-based perception problems on the autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road - everything from reading and understanding the research literature to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle. Understanding a large, messy, unstructured world in real-time is essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here at Argo.
We’re looking for a talented C++ developer with experience optimizing the performance of high-performance, production-critical code in a complex imaging and vision stack. The ideal candidate is comfortable operating at multiple levels of the stack - from low level image processing code to high-level multiprocessing environments. You do not need deep learning expertise, though if you have it, we’ll put it to use.
What you’ll do:
- Be a critical part of Perception on our autonomous vehicles platform. Optimize on-board perception code and ensure that our work remains within resource constraints.
- Design and implement architectural features underlying core machine intelligence components of the vehicle.
- Work closely with upstream and downstream counterparts and partners in the acceleration team to improve a healthy software ecosystem that fits within our computational, memory, and latency constraints.
- Your work will be essential to fielding some of the first autonomous vehicles in the world. You will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and work closely with a broader perception team.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics, or related.
- Expert level C++ programming experience, including familiarity with modern C++ features, templated code, vectorization, multiprocessing, etc.
- Significant experience with computer vision, image processing, or similar.
- Experience shipping performance-constrained hardware/software products to industry or consumers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience optimizing machine learning models directly, via pruning, sparsity, quantization, or kernel-level optimizations.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.