Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Radar Software Engineering role supports the entire radar pipeline from characterizing the physical characteristics of different radars to algorithmic development to make autonomous vehicles smarter & safer under various challenging scenarios, e.g., poor lighting, severe weather, long distance, etc. This role will work on radar perception for the complementary autonomous vehicle system.
What you’ll do:
- Implement libraries, algorithms, and tools for a state of the art radar perception system
- Test and field these algorithms for real-time operation on autonomous vehicles at scale in challenging environments
- Be a part of the broader perception team and will participate in discussions and brainstorming
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of automotive radar perception systems.
- Hands-on experience on automotive radar data analysis, e.g., data interpretation, range/Doppler/angle inference, multipath/interference modeling, outlier analysis, uncertainty/ambiguity modeling, false alarm detection, etc.
- Theoretical and applied knowledge on grid based perception algorithms
- Working experience with C++ is required and modern C++ knowledge is strongly desired.
- Software engineering skills in real-time, computationally efficient systems
- Working knowledge of python
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Previous experience with AEB systems.
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.