Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We’re looking for an ambitious, high achieving self-starter who has a passion for the intersection of technology and mobility. As a member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for supporting & executing a number of key business development efforts in the goods delivery (middle- and last-mile) and ride hailing space. In this role, you’ll identify, prioritize, structure and negotiate partnerships in support of Argo’s key company objectives. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring that our many teams - from product to engineering, finance, and legal - are well aligned on our partner needs.
What you’ll do:
- Own, design and execute business development deals in the goods delivery and ride hailing space. Will require drafting terms sheets, agreements, and other supporting materials throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Lead agreement negotiation, and develop compelling partnership terms that benefits our customers and Argo.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Legal, Finance, and Engineering) to structure partnerships, pilots and tests.
- Build consensus on partnership recommendations amongst internal teams and executives, and present to C-suite partners both internally and externally.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 8+ years of experience in business development, ideally in-house from other hyper growth start-ups or other new and emerging business launches.
- Secured multiple complex and significant revenue deals of a bespoke nature for other companies. Comfort navigating ambiguity, and the uncertainty that comes with developing and launching entirely new services.
- Experience with cross-functional project management, and ability to effectively collaborate with internal and customer stakeholders.
- Superb communication skills, and an ability to operate in an unstructured, and fast paced environment. Ability to distill complex issues.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, with regard to contractual, technical and financial issues. Comfortable handling different business models or financial arrangements that come up with new partners.
- Proactive, never hesitate to roll up your sleeves, and have a clear sense of ownership. Internally motivated to work hard to drive to meaningful results with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated interest in the self-driving industry.
- Travel required.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.