Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Motion Planning team brings all the components of the autonomy stack together. The Motion Planning team takes inputs from perception, prediction, and mapping, and plans how to navigate complex urban driving scenarios. This involves routing to the desired destination, handling traffic controls and other road users, and generating an optimal trajectory for the AV. Motion Planning & Controls Metrics evaluates this decision making by designing, developing, tracking, and publishing metrics. The team gathers the metrics from offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Motion Planning & Controls, Systems, Test, and Product teams to define the AV’s expected behavior.
- Design metrics to quantify the AV’s performance against those expectations.
- Implement the metrics in Python, SQL, and C++, both onboard the AV and offline.
- Work with Test teams to deploy the metrics and extract data from simulated and on-road drives.
- Aggregate, visualize, and disseminate the metrics to Motion Planning & Controls, Systems, Test, and Product teams via Looker dashboards.
- Work with Motion Planning & Controls and Test teams to enforce expectations on the AV’s behavior via pre- and post-merge regression testing.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 2+ years Python experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver production quality software independently while incorporating advice given from review
Nice to haves:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Qlik, or Tableau
- C++ experience
- Robotics experience
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.