Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
A backup compute system like the Complementary Autonomous Vehicle System (CAVS) is critical to producing a truly self-driving solution. If the main AVS enters a degraded state CAVS is designed to take control and safely guide the vehicle. To do this CAVS is always running in the background ready to take over control of the AVS at a moment's notice. This team works with teams across Argo to design and implement algorithmically diverse, safety-quality solutions that execute under rigorous real time constraints. Ultimately the goal of the team is to have CAVS intervene at the correct time and under the correct conditions to reduce the risk to the vehicle and other road users. This position requires strong robotics fundamentals and software engineering skills.
What you’ll do:
- Implement libraries, algorithms, and tools for a state of the art Complementary Autonomous Vehicle System
- Test and field these algorithms for real-time operation on autonomous vehicles at scale in challenging environments
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate development of CAVS capabilities
- Coordinate data collection to select and label relevant data to improve the algorithms and develop metrics by which the system is evaluated
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Software engineering skills in real-time, computationally efficient systems
- Working experience in C++
- Working knowledge of python
- Applied knowledge of lidar and/or radar perception systems
- Applied knowledge of mobile robotic systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Previous experience with AEB systems
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.