Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Motion Controls team at Argo is responsible for selecting steering / powertrain / brake requests in order to pilot the autonomous vehicle safely and comfortably to its destination. To do so, we build and maintain vehicle dynamics models and design algorithms to leverage these models for accurate vehicle planning and control. We split our time between designing/implementing algorithms and testing, experimenting and analyzing data. Our work is not done until it works in the car!
What you’ll do:
- Craft efficient and well tested software in C++ for the Motion Control of the autonomous vehicle
- Evaluate feature performance in simulation, test vehicles and with an autonomous vehicle fleet
- Design metrics to measure feature performance, implementing automated metric extraction utilizing Python and SQL
- Collaborate broadly with motion planning, systems engineering, test engineering, fleet operations and vehicle platform OEMs to solve cross cutting problems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have worked with real platforms and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and have a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance
- Experience working on collaborative software projects requiring software version control and a code review process
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in subsets of Motion Planning & Controls: vehicle modelling, vehicle control or trajectory planning applied to land, air, space, or water-based robots
Nice to haves:
- Experience with systems engineering and design verification planning and execution
- Experience working with vehicle interfaces, including CAN, CAN-FD or Ethernet networks
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.