Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically deep Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team. TPM develops, constantly maintains, and works on Argo’s org-level program plans to deliver and integrate our self-driving technology into our partner’s vehicles. As a part of this mission, the TPM Team facilitates interactions with our partner and top-level teams at Argo regularly. Candidates for this role must be technically strong enough to work cross-functionally with Software, Hardware and Test teams. They will focus on projects that work towards the launch with our OEM such as the implementation of new features and capabilities, creation of program targets and objectives, and planning that supports development in new cities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Systems Engineering and Test teams to develop and optimize short term and long term plan for work that is needed to align with Argo’s overall goals
- Work with Autonomous Vehicle software and hardware teams to develop and optimize timing requirements, objectives, test plans and interdependencies with activities such as, but not limited to: perception, machine learning, simulation, tracking, hardware, systems, and infrastructure
- Develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Ensure timely delivery of systems engineering artifacts like requirements, DFMEAs, block diagrams, etc for implementing system capabilities on each HW generation according to an evolving, and faced-paced, program schedule
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
- Interface regularly with highly-technical team leads, program managers, and Argo AI’s partners
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Minimum 2+ years of past experience as a Technical Program Management role in a software, robotics or systems development atmosphere
- Hands-on experience and strong background with modern project/software management processes and tools, e.g., agile, scrum, Jira/Rally, SmartSheets, and Google Suite
- Hands-on experience with systems engineering work for a complex system desired
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc
- Strong engineering intuition and critical thinking skills to challenge the engineering teams in a constructive manner
Nice to haves:
- List of things we prefer our ideal candidates have experience with
- Robotics or safety critical system experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.