Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar team at Argo AI is responsible for building, delivering, and supporting Argo’s lidar development. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As a Senior Hardware Engineer, Lidar Electronics you will design and verify PCBAs and system level electronics for our lidar product.
What you’ll do:
- Develop analog, mixed signal, and high-speed digital electronics for automotive lidar
- Perform component selection, schematic design, circuit analysis, and simulation (SPICE/SI/PI)
- Work with a cross functional team to meet performance, mechanical, thermal and reliability requirements
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors on new and existing technology for integration into designs
- Test and characterize prototypes for designed functionality and performance
- Support system integration and testing
- Work with contract manufacturers to support design transfer to production
- Develop clear documentation of designs, analyses, test plans, and test results
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- 4 + years experience in electronics development
- Strong history of industry experience in product design including recent experience owning & delivering on the full lifecycle of a product development; from initial requirements generation, prototyping and troubleshooting, through transfer to contract manufacturing in a fast paced environment
- Strong PCB schematic and layout design skills, including mixed signal and high-speed design. Preference for candidates with working experience in the Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience developing complex hardware systems in automotive and robotics, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical or similar industries
- Experience with design-in of FPGAs, microprocessors, or other complex digital ICs
- Experience with digital communication protocols
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- Experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of complex systems
- Experience with PLM, PDM, ECO, and BOM tools and processes
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop complex electro optical systems
- Experience with functional safety
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.