Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI autonomy runtime team builds the onboard software ecosystem that supports the development and operation of our autonomous vehicles. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure software platform and operating system.
Members of the runtime team work at the core of the vehicle software stack. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail when it comes to performance and robustness, and to stretch capabilities of both high-performance and constrained environments.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop Argo’s autonomy runtime and system services
- Create the C++ programming frameworks and libraries for our autonomy engineers
- Support the autonomy system developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with minimal compute and memory usage
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong fundamentals in applied computer science and related design patterns and algorithms
- Deep expertise, passion and never ending will to improve your skills in modern C++ (17/20)
- Fluency in C++ related design patterns and template meta programming
- Experience in system programming and the POSIX operating system interface
- Solid understanding in middleware technology and distributed systems
- Strong cross-team communication skills and customer driven attitude
Nice to haves:
- Fluency in the Python programming language
- Familiarity with Bazel, DSLs and code generation
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.