Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
You will join a high energy team responsible for the growth and deployment of a global infrastructure to support the corporate and production systems. This role will be focused on leveraging new technologies and systems to meet the growing adaptation of processes focused on automation and orchestration within the corporate Information Technologies environment. You will leverage your experience with compute and storage systems as well as Saas based tools in systems infrastructure deployment and management.
What you’ll do:
- Support a rapidly expanding infrastructure
- Experience working on a team of strong technical people with responsibility for the operation of mission-critical systems and services
- Deliver complex projects, including coordinating and driving issues to resolution autonomously utilizing excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Work cross-functionally with highly technical software, hardware, and network engineering teams, understand their goals, and deploy tools and visualizations to get the right data in the hands of teams to make decisions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years supporting enterprise level systems infrastructure
- Experience with system engineering on an enterprise-level, highly integrated, complex IT environment
- Experience with root cause analysis and error correction
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Operations, and Senior Leadership
- Ability to work in a fast paced high output environment
- Self directed - effective prioritization and time management
- A willingness and ability to learn and internalize new technologies
- Experience configuring server automation and configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) experience
- Familiarity with LDAP, NFS, Fiber Channel connected storage, and networking concepts
- Familiarity with load balancing for application reliability (F5)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems design, development, maintenance techniques, and processes
- Excellent and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects
- Excellent documentation skills required
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a global, fast-growing startup environment is preferred
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.